Monday, March 2, 2009

Healing Through Regression

A Case Study by Trutz Hardo in his book The Great Handbook of Reincarnation.


A Case Study
Michaela is in her late thirties and works as an alternative therapist. For many years, she has been suffering from an extreme case of arachnophobia. Michaela feels compelled to leave a room if she discovers even the smallest of spiders.She has undergone several therapies of varied type without any lasting success. She finally came to me for training as a regression therapist. In the course of these classes, I deal with the symptoms of trainees for the purpose of illustration.
What are you wearing on your feet?
I am not a human being, I am a grasshopper.
(On the whole, it is very unusual that a "victim life" dates back as far as an animal life. It is possible that the deepest reason for many spider phobias can be found here.)
Experience your most beautiful feeling as a grasshopper.
I can cover a long distance in one leap. I can see everything when I am up in the air.
Now see yourself during the biggest leap you have ever taken, full of joy. What do you feel?
It's beautiful, full of lightness and ease.
And how are the others? Do you sometimes have a jumping competition?
I don't have any contact with other grasshoppers.
What do you enjoy most in your life as a grasshopper?
Jumping around, eating.
What's your favourite food?
Parts of plants.
What kind of plants do you like best or what parts of plants?
I don't know the names. They have different colours and lie on the ground.
What do you do at night? Do you sleep?
It's not a real sleep, actually. I just rest. And when it gets cold, I am all stiff.
Do you rest during the daytime as well, or do you just keep on jumping?
No, I rest in the day as well, (particularly) in places where the sun shines, where it's nice and warm.
How many leaps do you make in a day?
I've never counted them. I guess it would be about five hundred leaps.
Are you male or female?
Female.
Do you have babies?
I lay eggs. I haven't laid eggs yet. All I know is that it is my duty to lay eggs.
Is there something like love for a male?
No.
Have you copulated with a male yet?
No.
Are you still a young grasshopper?
Yes.
I will count to three now and you will experience your worst experience as a grasshopper. 1, 2, 3. What do you see?
I am standing before a very big spider web and I know that there is a very big spider behind it. I would like to get across it and I know that I can't… I somehow got caught up in it and I can't get out. There are all these branches. It is dark.
What are you doing now? Can't you somehow cut up the threads or gnaw them to pieces?
No, I am scared, I turn into the net.
And now comes the spider. How do you feel?
Threatened.
Is he biting you?
No no, he isn't biting me at all yet. I am not in the web yet. I only know that he is sitting there, waiting for me.
And now walk into the spider's web, no matter what lies in store.
I won't go in there.
What are you doing now?
I am sitting there and want to get away from it.
You know what? I am an invisible spirit and I'll take you by my hand. And then we'll go into the web together, and you are over and done with it. I will now count to three. And suddenly you are in the spider's web. 1, 2, 3. What is happening?
I am stuck there. (The client is sobbing)
And how does it feel? Describe it to me, go into the feeling.
I am afraid. I try and defend myself. And the more I thrash about, the more I get myself caught in the web.
And can you see the spider yet? Is he coming?
I feel him coming. Now I can see him coming. He's got fat black feet, all hairy.
And I am counting to three now, and then you are over and done with it all, since you have died and can see everything in retrospect.1, 2, 3. You are dead now. You are fine again, for you are over and done with it all and you know now what has happened. Just describe very calmly what has happened.
The spider bit me. But I wasn't dead. He only bit me so that I won't move any longer. He then wrapped me up and then I couldn't move at all. I can't breathe any longer. And then he's dragging me away in a cocoon or something and hanging me up.
And when have you eventually died?
A couple of hours later.
And now you have died. Where are you now? How do you perceive yourself?
As some kind of energy.
And do you feel all liberated now?
Yes.
Why don't you look back now on what has happened. Are you offended that the spider killed you?
Yes, the spider was insidious. He has been waiting for me and taken advantage of the fact that I had no way out.
But now you are free. Now you are this energy. Follow this energy. What are you doing? Where are you going? What's happening to you?
I am still looking at the situation at the moment. I am relatively emotionless inwardly. I don't mind much watching that.
Basically the spider has carried you back into this wonderful energy state in which you feel very happy. Can you feel this sense of well-being in this energy state?
I feel balance, harmony and light.
And would you now say that you feel a lot happier than you felt as a grasshopper who, after all, was exposed to many dangers?
More well-balanced.
And you will be all right from now on. You are now protected and safe within this energy. You no longer feel threatened and may live this sense of freedom to the full from now on. Do you feel happy in this state now?
Yes, but I would quite enjoy leaping among the flowers again.
Why don't you try leaping among the flowers as energy. You can do it, can't you?
Hmm. (nodding assent)
Now imagine yourself as a grasshopper who can jump around as before and experience all those beautiful feelings without there being any danger for you. You are even able to leap through the spider's web since it can't hurt you anymore.
I am leaping onto the spider's back now.
And suddenly you are before the cloud gate with your Higher Self again. You remember everything. And you are asking the HS: Why did I have to experience that cruel death by that spider as a grasshopper? Why? What does the HS say?
It was my duty to serve as food for that spider.
So you are seeing a normal natural cycle, where someone needs to live on something else and where one has to serve to feed others. This is another kind of destiny in life. Ask the HS. What does it say?
Yes.
The spider is no malefactor. It is his function to live on flies, insects, grasshoppers and other animals. He has no choice. The spider as such might be a really wonderful and loving animal, but he has to eat and carry out the function of his programming which involves feeding on other animals. He's got no choice.
But he is so insidious.
Yes, because he is probably aware that this is the only way for him to get his food. He must be insidious since otherwise he might starve to death. Can you see that?
... (no answer)
He has to be insidious. He has to build his web in secret so that he will get his food, since if he made it quite openly in broad sunlight, every insect would see it and think: "No, I certainly won't go in there." And they would swerve out of the web's way and the spider would have to starve to death. As you can see, the spider has to be insidious, to use your words, in order to even survive. It is his destiny to be insidious. Can you see that?
Hmm. (nodding assent)
In the same way the plants might say that they are afraid of you because you eat plants. But it is their destiny to be eaten by grasshoppers and other animals. Can you see that?
Hmm. (nodding assent)
And can you see that it is equally the destiny of grasshoppers and other insects to serve as feed for the spider?
Yes.
And you can also see that basically the spider per se isn't evil. He is, as he has been created. Yes, basically you can absolve him from any blame. Could you absolve the spider from any blame?
I can absolve him from the blame that he has eaten me as a grasshopper.
And the HS leads you into another life now that also has to do with your spider phobia. 1, 2, 3. Now you are there. Where are you?
I just see myself as a human being lying somewhere in a hole and there are a whole lot of big spiders.
Who are you?
I am a captive young woman somewhere. I can't make out much at the moment. They tied me up in any case and chucked me in there. And there is a whole lot of spiders in there who got a fright. Or are they hungry? I don't know. There's a whole lot of them in any case. And I do die very fast then as well. Oh, that hurts!
Go into your feelings. Where do they bite you?
Everywhere.
Are you all alone in that hole?
Yes. (weepy)
I will now count to three, and you will be where you were three days before, before you got into that hole. 1,2,3. Tell me, what's your name?
Jeanette.
How old are you?
About 17.
Jeanette, tell me about your life. Where and how do you live? Where is your home? Look at your home.
I am not at home, I am in a foreign country.
What country are you in?
There are some aborigines. They don't understand me. They captured me. I was on the way with others. They took me prisoner and sentenced me for some thing or other. And the others, I don't know where they are. They have taken them away. They sentenced me to something and I don't understand their language.
Who are those others who have come with you to that place? What country do they come from?
From France.
And how did it come about that you went to that country where there are those aborigines?
We made some kind of expedition and I had been invited to participate. I am not sure but I think my father was part of it and a few other people wearing pith helmets.
How do the people look where you are now?
Small and black-haired. Dark skin.
And did they capture all of you or just a few?
They took everyone prisoner and took the others away.
Do you know where they took them?
No.
What did they do to you?
They undressed me and bound me hand and foot after pronouncing the judgment, and took me away. Not in the jungle, but outside of it. It's like a steppe, like, it's gravelly close by. Kind of stony hills.
And there is a big hole, and the critters are in there.
Did they throw you in there deliberately, knowing that you will be killed by the spiders?
Yes.
The spiders you are seeing, are they small or big? Describe them a little.
They are big, huge, in fact.
Are they tarantulas?
They are tarantulas or bird spiders or..., I don't know. They're huge ghastly things.
Can you mash up or smash some of them?
I can't, I am tied, don't you know. I have probably fallen onto some of them, 'cause I can feel them below me as well.
I will count to three now and it will be all over then. You will have died then, Jeanette, and you will be seeing everything from a different perspective. 1, 2, 3. How do you feel after your death? Describe it a little.
I feel relieved to have gotten out of that hole.
What's happening next with you, Jeanette? Is anybody there?
Not a soul up to now. I am still hovering above the hole and looking at everything.
What's happening next?
Light. I am going into the light. I am floating. I feel somehow attracted by the light.
Go into it.
Yes, I am floating into the light and I am feeling an incredible amount of love. And I can feel other beings, but I can't distinguish anything properly.
Do you meet at some point anybody from the group which had gone to that country with you? Is somebody there?
No.
And suddenly you are before the gate again with your HS, and you remember everything you've experienced. And now ask your HS: "Why did I need to experience all that, what is the reason? Why did I have to be killed by spiders?"
I had someone killed by animals once myself.
And the HS takes you by the hand and you are gliding along this wall of clouds. You are stopping before a gate now. And you know when this gate opens that you will be in the lifetime which holds the reason for the fact that you had to experience that spider death at that time as Jeanette with the aborigines. And when I have finished counting to three, you will be one day before the day which holds the reason for your spider death. 1,2,3. You are there now. Look at your feet to see whether you are barefoot or wearing footwear.
I am wearing sandals.
What other clothing are you wearing?
I am in Rome.
Why don't you tell me who you are and what you do generally.
I am the wife of a rich Roman citizen.
What's your name?
... (no reply)
The first letter is coming now, it's suddenly there, 1,2,3.
P
And the next one, 1,2,3.
I
And the third letter is coming now. And suddenly you know your full name.
Pina or something like it.
I will call you Pina for the time being, and perhaps the entire name will come back to you later. You are the wife of a Roman citizen. Are you very well-off?
Yes.
What does your husband do for a living?
He's a government employee.
How do you live?
Beautifully.
Do you have children?
Yes.
How old are you?
In my early thirties.
Do you feel happy in your life as Pina?
Good. I am a highly influential person.
What does your influence apply to?
My husband and our family are highly respected within the state government.
Does your husband hold a rather high post with a lot of responsibility?
Yes.
Pina, I will now count to three, and you will be in an important event one day later.1,2,3. What do you see?
I am in a kind of circus, a kind of arena, at the top where the people stand. I am looking forward to it, there will be some Christians brought in shortly. I have urged my husband to arrange for them to be torn by the lions. I am looking forward to it, it is sure to be fun.
Are there many people in that arena?
Yes.
And does this spectacle take place in a large circus? Is it the "Circus Maximus" by any chance?
The circus isn't that big, well, to me it doesn't seem that big.
Is this one of several arenas?
Yes.
Does your husband have anything to do with it? Is it he who gives the orders who or what will be brought before the crowd?
They weren't even people that I knew. They were simply prisoners.
And now you see the prisoners coming. What is happening? Describe it, please.
They are frightened, extremely frightened and some of them cling to each other.
And what's happening next?
Everybody is pleased and shouting that the lions should be finally let out.
What is happening? Are the lions coming out?
They are stopping first and sniffing the air.
What do you feel when you suddenly see these people exposed to the lions, and the lions pouncing on them and devouring or killing them?
Eager expectation, suspense and excitement.
Are there something like bets or wagers or something?
That's what the menfolk do, I got nothing to do with that.
Are you seated beside your husband?
Yes.
And what's his reaction?
Bored.
He might have seen it too often. Is it the first time for you to see such a thing?
No, but I like it every time anew.
Do you feel a certain appeal and thrill to see it? How many times have you been to the arena before?
Five times.
And the people around you, how do they react? Are they shouting anything?
They are cheering the lions. And it doesn't take long at all. The people down there are running a couple of steps, scream and fall to the ground, some of them are beginning to pray. But the lions are upon them in a flash and bite.
How many lions do you see?
Four.
Are they male or female?
Male.
And how many prisoners are in the arena?
Seven or eight.
Are they adults or children?
Adults.
Men or women?
Both.
And after I have been counting to three, you will be suddenly before the cloud gate again with your Higher Self. 1, 2, 3. You are now before the cloud gate with your Higher Self. And the HS leads you to the MOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE and says, "Dear Michaela. From this mountain, you are seeing all four lives beneath you. You are overlooking your life as a grasshopper who lost her life in the spider's web. You are seeing the life as Pina in Rome who was fascinated to watch the death of Christians in the arena. And you are seeing your life as Jeanette who was thrown into the spiders' pit as well as your present life as Michaela. Tell me what do you realize presently?
I think I'd better leave aside the spider and the grasshopper since I suppose I really only served as food there.
Look at the two lives as Pina and Jeanette then.
I enjoyed the fact that other people were being terrorized. I even saw to it that such public events were staged. These people were frightened and I gloated over and feasted my eyes and revelled in seeing them that way.
Can you see now that you had to suffer a similar fate in your life as Jeanette? While not being killed by lions, you had to die in just as cruel, though different fashion. Basically you might be grateful to the spiders for having procured you the karmic balance, since the law of karma required that you experience this karmic adjustment. While not being thrown to the lions, you still had to suffer a similar fate, even if in different guise. The fear the prisoners experienced in the arena at the lions' approach, you had to feel in a similar manner with those spiders approaching you. The spiders were used to enable you to experience this karmic balancing. In fact, you may be grateful to the spiders who allowed you to finally offset your karma. They helped you to free yourself from this karmic entanglement. Yes, the spiders have done you a good turn, basically. Can you see it the same way?
Yes.
And now, what other realizations do you have? Look at those Africans who took you prisoner at age seventeen and who threw you into the spiders' pit. Basically they have helped you, since they allowed you to make up for your karma. And the chances are that the others who were with you and were taken prisoner with you were given the opportunity to compensate for karma as well. It wasn't by chance that you came to Africa, since it was intended that you receive a karmic settlement upon this journey for something that had transpired in the past - as simple as that. Can you see it the same way?
Yes.
The HS hands you a chalice now and says: Dear Michaela, this golden chalice holds a golden liquid which is capable of healing anything. It is also the drink of forgiveness. And it is able to give love and to dissolve feelings of guilt.
And now go to the spider first in your life as a grasshopper. Stand before him and say, "Dear spider, I don't reproach you for anything", or, if you'd like to put it another way, "I forgive you..." or "I forgive you with all my heart for what you have done." Would you like to say it that way?
Yes.
Say it then.
Dear spider, I forgive you what you have done to me at the time when I was a grasshopper.
And now return to that life as Jeanette and hand some of this drink to those spiders in the pit and say then, if you wish, "I forgive you all you have done to me." For they enabled you to experience your karmic balancing. You may now, if you like, forgive those spiders who have killed you and hand them the golden drink. Would you like to say now, "I forgive you, dear spiders, with all my heart."?
I forgive you spiders with all my heart.
Say it three times.
I forgive you....... (2x)
And now, knowing that all had to happen to enable you to attain karmic settlement, go with that drink to that aboriginal population who took you prisoner and who threw you into that spiders' pit. Hand them the drink and let them partake of it. And if you like, tell them, "I forgive you with all my heart what you have caused me."
I forgive you with all my heart what you have caused me.
Again.
I forgive you with all my heart what you have caused me.
And again.
I forgive you with all my heart what you have caused me.
And suddenly you find yourself before Pina who had feasted her eyes on human beings being torn to pieces by lions. And you now realize from a higher perspective that as Pina you were bound to charge yourself with blame and acted against your conscience by passionately revelling in others being killed. Later on, however, you felt remorseful. By developing a sense of guilt, an important process of understanding was set in motion. For in retrospect these feelings of guilt resulted in your striving to free yourself completely of this inner guilt you had loaded yourself with, when you as Pina offended against brotherly love by revelling in lions tearing human beings to pieces. As far as her inner love development was concerned, that Pina was very young. Basically you may realize that Pina - as far as her ability to love was concerned - is a pitiable person. In fact, do you think you could take pity on her?
No, not pity, but understanding.
On this understanding, could you forgive Pina her wrongdoing now, even though she took pleasure in atrocities? If you like, you may say now, "Dear Pina, I am handing you this drink. Drink from it so that you may recover completely. I now release you from all guilt that you loaded yourself with at that time."
Dear Pina, with this drink I release you from all guilt that you had loaded yourself with at that time."
And again.
Dear Pina ...
And again.
Dear Pina ...
And now go to those who have been torn to pieces before your very eyes. You are standing before them, handing them the chalice and, if you so like, ask their forgiveness by saying, "Please forgive me for having gloated and rejoiced over your being torn to pieces."
Please forgive me for having gloated over your suffering.
Please forgive me for having gloated over your fright and your suffering.
And all of a sudden you are with your HS again. And the HS says, "You see, dear Michaela, you have come to fully realize the connections and have become consciously aware of the things you had been unconscious of so far. And having gained this conscious awareness you may now free yourself of everything that has settled in your unconscious mind regarding your spider phobia.
Here, take this big PINE CONE into your hand. Now fill it with your fear of spiders, fetching it out of your inner being like a black mass." And while you're doing this, say three times over: "I am freeing myself of..." But do say it yourself what you'd like to free yourself of now.
I free myself from my abnormal fear of spiders.
And again.
I free myself from my abnormal fear of spiders.
And again.
I free myself from my abnormal fear of spiders.
And now this pine cone is stuffed to the hilt. And your HS kindles a fire of light before you and asks you, dear Michaela, to put this cone with your spider phobia onto it. And you are complying. And you suddenly see the cone dissolving, and you know that the cone with the spider phobia is changing back into the original, primeval energy of love. Now it's completely dissolved and you are feeling a sense of great liberation. A tremendous burden, something that was a strain on you and pulled you down has been taken from you. Yes, you are free from this spider phobia now and are able to say three times in a very loud voice, I am free of...
I am free of my abnormal fear of spiders. (3x)
From now on, your spider phobia will have vanished once and for all, for you have shaken it off for good. Whenever you see a spider from now on, you will keep completely cool and calm, and you might even take hold of it without feelings of disgust.
And the HS produces a STAFF OF LIGHT and wraps you up from head to toe in a white light of pure love. And that light enters, penetrates and permeates you. All your inner being is being filled with this total love. It is a wonderful feeling. Savour it. Charge yourself completely with this total love.
And suddenly you are in that bed of clouds...
Having come back from the alpha state at the end of the therapeutic regression, Michaela had to rush to the toilet. In the seminar pause which followed she walked into the garden to get some fresh air. She saw a medium-sized spider, took it between her fingers and put it on her face. The spider ran straight across it. Her spider phobia had disappeared and her therapy had taken approximately one and a half hours.
Half a year later I called on Michaela in her practice in Southern Germany. She told me that just the previous day she had discovered a spider in her window box, taken it between her fingers and put it out into the garden...
.

1 comment:

Aditya Ajmera said...

There are the waves and there is the wind, seen and unseen forces. Everyone has these same elements in their lives, the seen and unseen.

Karma is that unseen yet known law which adjusts wisely, intelligently and equitably each effect to its cause, tracing the latter back to its producer.