Monday, April 6, 2009

AM I different?



In the maze of meandering mind
And wandering thoughts while
Meditating I realize life
Is but an existence.
The same as any other element
Of nature. Just energy, sheer peace .



Beads of events/phenomena/stimulus-response strung together on thread of thought through passage of time by the function of memory lead to solidification of functional entity called ‘I’.

“I’ gains permanence thanx to memory, solidifies to an extent it becomes a rock solid nearly real entity. Though fictional it is a pseudo reality that cannot be wished away.

Lets calls this ‘I’ a center. Thus it ‘I’ as a center is nothing but a product if thought. Rather it is a thought, an idea which is united by series of likes / dislikes, experiences, relations to people. In short phenomenal responses since childhood memories.

Such a center is akin to prison wall. Captures inside the center is being. The unconditioned, non individualistic, universal, nameless, unexperienciable. (Experiencible is ‘I’ the psendo entity, as experience is a recall if memory.Is this a hypothesis or verifiable conclusion?

Since the center is bound on the glue of memory it can be easily dissolved now itself. Simply become aware of thought & its journey. As the emergence of I – the actual process of solidification gather clarity thru observation of thoughts. Such an awareness in daily life moment to moment being constantly alert stems the process of ‘I’ forming. Then there is simply being, when observer is observed.

Observation prevents ‘I’ formation just as lack of awareness creates ‘I’ entity. Observation of a phenomena determines the possibility of the phenomena as per quantum physics.
So what does one go from here. A daily life awareness leads to right action. As there is dissolution of ‘I’ there is dissolution if desires and all encumbering qualities such as discontent, sorrow, incompleteness, hopes, fears, need for achievement.

Such a process is true meditation. Pranayam, physical exercise and seated meditation are necessary but not the sufficient conditions to become aware. It does help in taming of the mind ensuring better psychological & physical health and maintaining mind bodyvehicle.

As we realize that I is a bunch of thought as a matter of fact ,what is the next step?

Right action, right motivation, passion and compassion and right conduct follows as a natural outcome without effort. Just as two chemicals when combined release heat in exothermic reaction .Right Conduct is a natural automatic compelling outcome of aware human behaviour.

Human behaviour is destined to establish the right course of action. There is no escaping that knower knows the truth. The sky is clear just as clouds dispense. Similarly self / being is transparent when thoughts dispense.

Mind as an vehicle with thought as a tool is as much real as nails on the toe. Just as nail protect the toe mind help survival and lining. Just like clipping an outgrown nail we can clip pernicious effect of mind through meditation.

Mind is a turbulent, waterbody disturbed by stones of ‘me’ my greatness, my superiority, my achievements, my intelligence, my my, my, vs yours, yours, yours. Stop stone throwing and mind becomes a calm waterbody. Mind`s destiny is madhouse said osho.Captured in the madhouse is the "I"which when freed is a whole new world of freedom

Would a being who is not guided by ‘I’ concept live life fully, rightfully. Is there a danger of falling into non motivational sloth. Traditionally the compelling force of doing better than the neighbour has led human actions towards both extraordinary achievements as well as destructive behaviour. The so called right action / right conduct comes to enlightened Buddhas, siddhi. Yogis, accomplished beings. In daily life the discipline to be aware every moment is lost leading to yo-yo between I and non I ness.

May be each one finds out for himself. May be awareness has the power to lay the path of action.

If I have no reference to myself. What happens?

There is no memory of the past
There is no imagination of future

There is no reference to people who are around me
Or who were with me

There is no malice towards anyone
There is no attachment towards anyone

There is no memory therefore no desire
To continuity of pleasant experience,
Nor any regrets of unpleasant experience.

In such a state there is direct perception.
A ‘mindless’ existence.

There is a state of existence without
The interference of mind

Such a state is perhaps pure consciousness
A state of meditation

Can such a state exist in daily life
With usage of mind only as tool at the command of self.

Isn’t such a self, universal.
There is no such self which is personal or proprietary.


No comments: